Job Title: Die Cast Operator
Job Location: Easley, SC
Provenance Recruitment & Staffing is currently hiring for Die Cast Operators for 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift positions. This position is located at a manufacturing facility located in Easley, SC.
This position involves operating automatic die casting cells required to produce quality die cast parts. The Die Cast Operator must demonstrate skills and knowledge required to maintain the operation of an automatic die cast cell and fulfill the essential functions of the job.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Trimming, inspecting and packing castings produced in automatic cell.
- Assist Quality Control as needed to sort parts.
- Perform general housekeeping in plant.
- Startup of die cast machine, trim press, robot and all ancillary equipment.
- Properly shut down die cast machine, trim press, robot and all ancillary equipment.
- Move robot to home position and reset program; Place robot in manual mode and manually manipulate robot using joy stick.
- Assist in set-up of die cast or trim tooling.
- Perform minor maintenance work on machine using proper tools (polishing, clean parting line, etc.)
- Record and complete all documentation needed for work cell. (Flip Charts, check sheets, etc.)
- Record downtime and scrap into Shot Scope system.
- Inspect, identify and contain defective materials for quality review.
- Read, understand and perform quality check requirements as specified in visual aids.
- Perform initial start-up of a die for first piece.
- Relieve automatic casting operators or manual operators when required.
- Understand the basic operation of all die casting machines and related equipment.
- Assist in changing plunger tip.
- Practice good Housekeeping and maintain clean work cell.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Able to work without close supervision and ability to multi-task.
2. Requires basic reading, writing and math skills.
1. Wear all required PPE: safety glasses, hearing protection, safety footwear, head protection.
2. Comply with all established safety rules and policies.
3. Report unsafe conditions, all accidents, and near misses immediately to Supervisor or Manager.
1. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.