Assembly 2nd Shift
Location: Liberty, SC
Provenance Recruitment is currently Recruiting for DIRECT HIRE manufacturing positions located in Liberty, South Carolina.
Second Shift Positions available.
Please see below for the job description and qualifications.
The Assembler assembles components using automated equipment to produce fire protection sprinklers and devices for the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote a safe workplace by performing all tasks in a safe and thoughtful manner in compliance with all rules, procedures, instructions, devices, equipment and use of appropriate personal protective equipment. Maintain vigilance for any hazardous conditions or practices in the workplace and immediately report any unsafe condition or practice to your supervisor.
- Performs manual labor on a production line
- Responsible for inspecting all parts which include the cap washer, bulb, screw, frame, deflector with the correct stamp, and other components as the Bill of Materials requires
- Sets up the assembly line for the hydrostatic bath test to inspect the completed product
- Assembles inlet seal and sprinkler head to tube assembly.
- Responsible for testing the pressure and gauge of the hydrostatic bath test
- Works off a Bill of Materials to determine which specific parts are needed
- Performs visual inspections on all finished goods and work in progress
- Removes burrs from inner and outer tubing
- Testing and reworking products that were denied due to pressure test
Responsible for operating CNC machinery and semi-automated equipment, including stamping, clamping, torque wrenches, hydrostatic testing, glass bulb testing, and component hand assembly
Works closely with the Cell Leaders, Production Assistants, and Material Handlers
Responsible for checking parts for inventory
Performs other duties as directed Skills and Competencies
• Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
• Oral communication skills
• Strong hand and eye coordination in a fast pace environment
• Working knowledge of a manufacturing assembly line
• Basic reading, writing, and mathematical principles
• Knowledge of standard safety practices Work Environment and Physical Demands
• The physical environment requires the employee to work in a climate-controlled manufacturing environment.
• Ability to be punctual and attend work on a regular and consistent basis
• The person in this position needs to wear appropriate safety clothing and shoes when needed. This includes a need for safety glasses, gloves, etc.
• Ability to perform repetitive rotation and movement of hands and wrists quickly and efficiently
• Must have good dexterity and hand/eye coordination
• Must be able to stand for most of the day which equates to 90% of the time
• Regularly works near moving mechanical parts
• Occasionally will be expected to lift material not to exceed 40 pounds Qualifications
• 6 + months of manufacturing experience on an assembly line.