Job Title: Bank Teller
Job Location: Columbia, SC
Provenance Staffing is currently looking for a full-time bank teller in the Columbia area.
Minimum of 1 year cash handling experience required.
To assist members with their financial transactions, involving paying and receiving cash and other negotiable instruments.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Receives and processes member financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals and loan payments; sells official and other credit union products and services to members; transfers amounts from member accounts as directed. Post transactions to member accounts and maintains member records. Welcomes members and provides routine information concerning services and directs members to appropriate department for specific information and service.
Balances cash drawer and daily transactions.
Cross-sells credit union services.
Performs a variety of miscellaneous tasks including typing, filing, computer input and answering the telephone. Other duties as assigned.
1. To provide friendly, professional, personal service to all members.
2. To provide accurate transaction processing and keep cash drawer out of balance conditions to a minimum. In excess of 2 out of balance conditions, any one transaction in excess of $50.00 in a rolling two month period, or an aggregate out of balance of $50.00 within a rolling six month period is considered excessive
3. To strive for posting accuracy, measurement to be determined by department manager and to be measured in employee performance evaluation goals.
4. To maintain a dependable record of attendance and timeliness.
5. To troubleshoot and resolve member and internal inquiries in a timely, friendly and accurate manner.
6. To maintain a professional work environment and appearance.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience Up to six months of similar or related experience.
Education: a high school education or GED. Interpersonal Skills Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job.