Job Title: CNC Machine Operator
Job Location: Easley, SC
Provenance Recruitment & Staffing is currently hiring for CNC Machine Operators for a manufacturing company located in Easley!
1st, 2nd and 3rd shift available.
1st shift – 7:00am-3:00pm
2nd shift – 3:00pm-11:00pm
3rd shift – 11:00pm-7:00am
Responsible for the operating of CNC machines by maintaining quality and safety standards while keeping accurate records and meeting production standards
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Load/unload parts from machine as instructed by supervisor and basic hand work operations: grinding, filing, deburr, etc.
- Understanding of all documentation requirements
- Clean and maintain machine, tooling, and parts in optimal production condition.
- Work safely, following all safety regulations, to prevent injuries.
- Meet production requirements as defined on product routing and notify supervisor immediately if goal cannot be attained.
- Observe machine observations to verify accuracy of machine settings and to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, using precision measuring instruments such as micrometer, calipers, depth gages, plug gages, bore gages, thread gages and special gages after instruction has been provided.
- Inspect work pieces throughout the production run, for out-of-tolerance machining and record all required readings.
- Ensure machine is running correctly to prevent damage to the machine or tooling.
- Able to recognize and report quality problems to supervisor
- Basic understanding of material/metal chemistry of each part; proper scrap habits
- Responsible for properly gathering and recording quality data on forms issued by Quality Assurance Dept. and keeping it in a neat and orderly manner.
- Assists with monthly inventory
1. Able to work without close supervision and ability to multi-task.
2. Requires basic reading, writing and math skills.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience preferred
- 1-2 Years of experience operating CNC machines and mechanical tools preferred but not required.
- Able to understand written work instructions
1. Wear all required PPE: safety glasses, hearing protection, safety footwear, head protection.
2. Comply with all established safety rules and policies.
3. Report unsafe conditions, all accidents, and near misses immediately to Supervisor or Manager.
Can stand for several hours at a time.