Job Title: Custodial Operations Manager
Job Location: Greenville, SC
Provenance Recruitment & Staffing is currently recruiting for a Custodial Operations Manager for a location in Greenville, SC. Please see below for full job details.
This position is responsible for managing the housekeeping operations of the Conference Center and Exhibit Halls related to custodial services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee housekeeping and trash removal operations of the facility and assist when necessary.
- Develop daily and weekly work and production schedules for Full time, part time and temporary custodial staff.
- Maintain awareness of weekly event schedules to determine production schedules and staffing levels.
- Order and maintain custodial chemicals, paper supply inventory and trash and recycling removal.
- Coordinate composting for various events and manage compost bin inventory.
- Attend weekly operations meetings.
- Recognize unsanitary conditions and initiate necessary corrective action.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations including Bloodborne Pathogen and Hazardous Communications Policies.
- Report any unsafe or hazardous conditions to supervisor immediately
- Ensure that appropriate housekeeping and sanitation guidelines are adhered to by custodial staff.
- Supervise custodial staff in a manner consistent with Human Resource Policies and Procedures.
- Report and document all employee-relations issues, submit documentation to Human Resources in a timely manner. Copy Director of Operations.
- Assure the safety of the work environment and report any potential hazards to the Assistant General Manager and Human Resources.
- Document all work-related injuries and illnesses by completing a First Report of Injury form and submit to Human Resources within 24 hours. Copy Director of Finance & Facility Operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance & Facility Operations.
- Strong leadership ability including ability to supervise staff.
- Ability to operate a personal computer and utilize Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to learn new computer applications.
- Ability to efficiently schedule staff according to event schedule.
- Ability to adjust work hours to be flexible as needed for events.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Degree in Business, Management or related field preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years in supervisory role preferred.
- Experience in housekeeping, hospitality, hotel management, or related industry preferred.
- Occasional sitting, focusing on and operating a personal computer several times a day.
- Ability to read printed words and numbers in printed form and on computer/terminal monitor.
- Communicate by telephone for up to 30 minutes at a time on a daily basis.
- Stand several times a day for up to five minutes to operate photocopier, FAX machine.
- Hearing sufficient to clearly hear voices, alarms, bells and horns.
- See and distinguish objects or symbols as 20 feet or more and 20 inches or less. Depth perception, peripheral vision and bringing objects into focus.
- Write using pen/pencil or personal computer keyboard for up to 30 minutes at a time on a daily basis.
- Office and warehouse environment
- May have limited exposure to chemicals used for cleaning.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 40 hours per week.
- Some overtime may be required.
- Irregular schedule including some nights, weekends, and holidays as determined by the event schedule.